In November 2016, British football was rocked by a series of high-profile revelations regarding child sexual abuse. Several former professional players bravely waived their right to anonymity to speak out about their past abuse.
A number of the players involved decided to set up The Offside Trust, a new organisation committed to supporting survivors and working to make sport safer for children. The Trust is led by ex- footballer Steve Walters and former professional golfer Chris Unsworth, whose stories have inspired hundreds of people to speak out for the first time about their abuse.
We are proud to work with and support fellow survivors. In addition to Steve and Chris, the Offside Trust family includes the amazing ambassadors listed below and several others who wish to remain anonymous:
- Jason Dunford, ex-youth team player at Manchester City
- Micky Fallon, former youth team player at Crewe Alexandra
- Dean Radford, ex-professional footballer at Southampton
- Dion Raitt, former youth team player at Peterborough United
- Billy Seymour, ex-Southampton, Coventry and Millwall player
- Tristan Shaw, former School of Excellence player at Blackpool FC
- Mike Smith, ex-Bohemians FC (Dublin) footballer